Must hold a current RGN (or equivalent) qualification, NVQ Level 4 or equivalent.
Must be currently on the NMC Register or GSCC Register if appropriate to qualifications required.
- To assist the Owner/Director in the discharge of their professional and administrative duties in relation to the running of the service.
- To be registered with the Care Quality Commission as the “Registered Manager” to be in charge of the domiciliary care service.
- To manage the service in such a way as to enhance the quality of life of the people who use services and to staff who work in the community appropriately at all
Accountable and reporting to
The Director or owner of the service
Line Management Responsibilities
- To directly be responsible for the health, safety and welfare of all staff in the service.
- To line manage and develop all members of the senior team.
- To assist with the creation and maintenance of Care Plans and to ensure that these are followed and evaluated at regular intervals.
- To ensure that all treatments are carried out in accordance with professional medical direction and comply with legislative requirementsTo assist with the induction of new staff members.
- To assist with the training of all grades of staff where appropriate and identify any training which staff would find beneficial
- To maintain effective communications with service users and their relatives.
- To liaise with all care professionals as part of an effective multi – disciplinary approach to care.
Key Tasks (administration)
- To ensure that the Care Quality Commission is aware of such accidents and incidents, as are required to be reported, and to ensure the completion of the
- To notify the Chief Executive/Director of any deficiencies and shortages of equipment or supplies.
- Ensure that faulty or defective equipment is removed from use.
Key Tasks (Communication)
- Receive reports relating to the condition of service users from staff and pass on instructions to other members of staff.
- Ensure that staff are aware of daily changes in service users condition or
- Maintain personal contact with service users.
- Organise and manage staff meetings as required.
To oversee the implementation of the Quality Management System.
This includes implementing policies and procedures and using relevant forms as may from time to time be required.
To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Directors or owners, in line with your professional competences.
This document will be reviewed by the owners for its continuing suitability and effectiveness and may be amended when
Any changes to your working practices will be notified in advance of such changes becoming effective.